Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
In the front sorry for my bad english und greatings from austria (vienna).
Iam searching a 1969 Camaro SS 350 or 386 with original Parts and matching numbers.
Can anyone say me, whats the market price for my opinion? Are 20-30.000 Dollar realistic?
And have anyone a tip where i can search at the Best way?

Thanks i the front for your help.
Regards
Pete

·
Premium Member
1967 RS/SS. Muncie 4 speed, Hurst shifter, 3.73 posi rear.
46 Posts
Pete - Welcome from US. I too am fairly new to this forum but a few thoughts. 1. The price: the '69 you describe would be a very desirable car so price would depend on condition (fully and well restored the 20 - 30,000 would be on the low side), in need of restoration work there are more possibilities but I have no knowledge of the European market. As for searching, Craigslist is a worldwide marketplace so you could try that. I would have many other ideas in America but I don't know how far flung you want to search. As for your English, no worry as I was able to see exactly what you were asking. Good luck. Eric.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the team. I was all about having an original drivetrain in the past, but have moved to a modern drivetrain (think LS motors and T56 six speed transmissions) as they simply are more fun to drive and get way better fuel economy.

Three points, 1) please be certain to ask one of our team members to personally inspect any car you are considering buying as we want to be certain you are fully aware of the condition of the car before you buy it 2) be sure to determine what challenges and associated costs are involved with importing a car to your location so the cost is built in to your budget 3) you can get a nice 69 Camaro for $30k and you can get a really bad 69 Camaro for $30k, so see point number 1!

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Exactly true. Mine isn't matching numbers, and $30k would be the LOWEST I'd even think about, and mine isn't even running yet :)

Of course, most of us have over-inflated ideas regarding what our cars are worth :)

Jim

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the team. I was all about having an original drivetrain in the past, but have moved to a modern drivetrain (think LS motors and T56 six speed transmissions) as they simply are more fun to drive and get way better fuel economy.

Three points, 1) please be certain to ask one of our team members to personally inspect any car you are considering buying as we want to be certain you are fully aware of the condition of the car before you buy it 2) be sure to determine what challenges and associated costs are involved with importing a car to your location so the cost is built in to your budget 3) you can get a nice 69 Camaro for $30k and you can get a really bad 69 Camaro for $30k, so see point number 1!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts