Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am getting ready to try out mt et streets on my 68 big block camaro on the track. What air pressure should I start out with? Also, are these tires ok to drive on the interstate to the track as long as its dry? Its about a 25 minute drive. I haven't mounted them on the rims yet since the tubes are on the way. They are 28x11.5. I am mounting them on 15x8.5" rally wheels with 4.75" backspacing. Should I anticipate any problems having the tires mounted on these rims? Can any tire shop mount them? or any problems with fit on the car (not tubbed).

Thanks,

Scott

·
19,801 Posts
Yes, should be fine. Now I will say the rearend will feel squirmy due to road irregularities.
I would say to try 16-18 to start and go from there.
Most shops will mount them, and they should be fine on an 8" wheel. I run a 285/60/15 (27.5x11.25 approx) on same size wheel as you are and it does rub on hard corners and off camber bumps.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I try to keep mine at 18psi on the street and will go to 15psi at the track. You shouldn't experience any problems with the setup you mention. The sidewalls give, and cornering should be done with care. As for fitment, here is a pic of my Weld 15x8 wheels with 28x12.5 ET Streets.

Jim

·
Registered
708 Posts
.gearhead. Did you just get that car recently? I saw that car for sale out Sandusky Ohio a few months back. I wanted to go look at it but I had one to sell first.

Erik

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Erik, yes you're right. I bought the car a month ago in Sandusky. I looked at about 100 cars, narrowed it down to 4, and got that one. Very clean. I have lots of plans for it...

Jim

·
Registered
708 Posts
I am jealous!! What kind of plans do you have for it!!

Erik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts