Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a mig welder named Thermo Arc(or something close to that name).It's USA made unit and is selling for $550.00 Canadian.It's a 130 amp and is good for gas and non gas welding (regulator extra).Other makes are selling for $850 to $950.00 Canadian for the comparable size.Does anyone know of this make and are they any good? Thanks in advance.

·
10,164 Posts
I think I've heard the name before at least.
Get something you can get parts for locally if something breaks.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 Origonal owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would try a hobart 135. They are made by Miller and include the same 3 year warranty. I have the miller 172 and my dad has the hobart 175. Both weld excellent and were shipped from the same factory. We both bought it at http://www.welders-direct.com The hobart 135 is $450 with regulator. At the time they had free shipping. they still might. Don't go cheap on a welder. When you are doing sheet metal you'll just be frustrated.
Hope this helps

------------------
Budget Pro-touring 68.
www.touringcamaro.com

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hobart 135 looks like a nice unit but if U.S. price is $450.00 means Canadian Price is approx. $750.00.if not more. You can see why us canadians don't visit our nice neighbours as often as we used too.Whatever your price is x it my 1.6 and thats what it costs us.Thats why I was asking about the Thermo Arc.Is it a cheap unit or good value for the buck?.I found the site, it's thermalarc.com Model Fabricator 130. Could you or anyone else with welding knowledge check this out and give me their thoughts on it.Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by thewebb1 (edited 03-05-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts