Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just walked up the street to check progress on the car. In the last 5 days he has both inner and outer rockers installed, repaired both toe boards, repaired both rear lower inner quarter pieces, and installed the cowl. The cowl panel is an AMD X part and he was very pleased with the fit which I was worried about after reading about Matt's fitment issues. He keeps on trucking.
64EA6BE9-8BBD-4D2D-A6DD-0E75121793FC.jpeg
DS toe board.jpg
Cowl 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Monday is my visit day and another week has gone by and more progress on the 69 has been made. This week he replaced the package tray and the 2 side braces, installed trunk hinges, rear window filler panel, and positioned the trunk gutter before cutting off the old quarters. Check out the spot welds in the weather strip channel. This car was originally a black vinyl top car and the roof skin is solid but fairly beat up. Since every part of the car will now have been blasted and epoxied we decided last night to put a roof on it and clean and epoxy the inner roof supports as well. I thought I had bought all the sheet metal I needed but it looks like I'm off to Summit this week for a roof panel, oh well. This car is going to be a lot nicer than I had ever planned on when we dove into it originally.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It’s amazing how fast a pro works. That would have taken me 12 months!
I told my wife that exact same thing maybe even longer. And he still works a day job at a local collision center this is just his side gig.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Coming along nicely!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts