Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured my combustion chambers, but unfortunately it is milliliters, 52 to be exact. Does anyone know the conversion?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well BigBob,

You could win alot of money in a bar with the answer to this one. Milliliters and CC's are exactly the same volume measurement. So 52 milliliters = 52 cc's.

Any more trick questions???

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If cc stands for cubic centimeters then a coversions from mili-meter to centimeter is 5.2 cubic centimeters, but that doesn't make sense. I guess this is a trick question because it doesn't make sence to me, I hope I'm not making myself look like an idiot. Isn't volume measured in mili-liters? I'm not saying I'm right, but I think I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont know if i'm way off on this, but i'm gonna offer my 2 cents. ok, the metric conversions for length is simple. 1 meter (m) equals 100 centimeter (cm), one centimeter equals 10 milimeters (mm). 2.54 Centimeters (cm) equals 1 inch. any more conversions i would have to look up, form lengh to volume, but this is what i know from the top of my head. (By the way, i'm a high school student, so take that as you will)

·
Registered
523 Posts
OK guys, I didn't figure anyone would take my word for it. This link is supporting evidence:

parentsplace.com/health/illnesses/qa/0,3435,999,00.html

PR67,

That makes sense. We were taught the metric system when I was in elementary school in the 60's. That was a time that the all the scientists were pushing for the metric system as a universal weights and measures system. I guess the only thing that STUCK in the US are those metric bolts and screws we have on the newer cars (thank GOD, first gens are not afflicted!!)

[This message has been edited by sr71bb (edited 04-29-2000).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
The reason they didn't believe you is because they confused Millilitres with millimeters. Millilitres measure volume, millimeters and centimeters measure distance. Helps being from Canada and living this stuff....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts