Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking into doing some mini tubs on my 68. I done some forum searches and see many mentions of "GLA" tubs, as they do not require frame rail or gas tank modifications.

I can't seem to locate the GLA tubs anywhere. Is GLA an actual brand name or forum shorthand?

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I never heard of GLA but you could use DSE mini tubs for what you want to accomplish that without messing with your frame rails. The mods for the gas tank have nothing to do with the tubs. The notched corner tanks are extra room needed for the coil over shocks on the 4-link set-ups and a place to route your exhaust if applicable

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
Golden Legion. AMD minitubs are GL as far as I know.

Don

·
13,993 Posts
You still modify the frame rails when installing DSE minis.

·
19,844 Posts
A buddy of mine just split his, moved the inner flush to the rail, and added a 2-3" wide strip to fill the gap.
Some spray in/roll-on bed-liner stuff makes it hard to tell the weld, but you could dress it up better and paint I guess ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
GLA- Golden Leaf Automotive is the Canadian based extension of Dynacorn International Inc?
I don't think they have mini tubs but you can check their website. Its still all the same crappy stuff that's made in China.

If I'm not mistaken I think CPP has a cheaper version of mini tubs for 1st gen. I'd spend the extra dough and use DSE.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
You still modify the frame rails when installing DSE minis.
My bad - I thought they were the ones that worked both ways. I retract my earlier statement. In that case, you could get a generic set like I did from Martz chassis and cut to fit the depth you want/need.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I think calling that formed sheet metal under the trunk floor frame rails is wildly optomistic. The DSE setup added a bunch of metal back there but car needed it imho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts