Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this same topic a few months ago, but it was for a points type ignition. Now I want to do the same on an HEI ignition. I just want to start the car. I still have the set up I made for the points type. The response to the post was: 1. Pos. battery cable to big terminal on starter solenoid. 2. wire with a switch in the middle between the Pos. battery terminal and solenoid "S" terminal (start switch). 3. wire with a switch in the middle between Pos. battery terminal and a ballast resistor (run switch) 4. wire from other end of ballast resistor to the + side of coil. 5. wire from the - side of coil to the points distributor. 6. both switches off. 7. connect Neg. battery cable to engine block. 8. flip RUN switch to on, then flip START switch a few seconds to run the starter. Will I be able to use the same set up as before or do I need to modify anything? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Does this distributor have the coil embedded in it or not? If not, I believe the only difference would be that you will no longer need the ballast resistor. So you'd have to wire around it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts