Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the correct side of the car for the windshild washer bottle in a 1969 Z-28?

Was the space saver spare available for the 69 Z-28?

How many speakers came with the AM/FM radio? If there were more than one, where are they located?

Did the AM/FM radio have a blue or yellow light?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Washer Bottle Should be on Drivers Side unless the car has a RS package. Then the bottle is on the passenger side to make room for the Res. Tank.

I don't know about the rest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, mine is on the drivers side, but I've seen it on both sides. Your Rs explaination makes sense. My Franklin Mint 69 Z-28 (great example of what the car should look like) has the bottle on the drivers side also.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
z28's had 15" wheels. i've never seen a 15" spacesaver spare. is it even possible to run a 14" spacesaver with the other three wheels being 15"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My brother bought his 69 Z In 71-72, and it had a space saver with the can of air with it.I found one,not sure if it would pass for original,but its a B.F.Goodrich. I would have to check for what size-but like I said probably not original anyway.I just wanted one because he had one.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The (N65) Space-Saver Spare wasn't available with Z/28 or JL8 - only with 14" wheels. The (U69) AM-FM radio came with one center speaker in the dash, the same as the (U63) AM radio. U80 got you one additional rear speaker. With Stereo (U79), there were four speakers - one in each kickpad, and two in the rear parcel shelf.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your help - I'm glad I belong to this net. When I owned my ZR-1 and participated in the ZR-1 net, all I received was was in-fighting and politics. It's nice to see professional and knowledgeable responses to my questions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts