Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys after my car sits for a while about an hour or two it is hard to crank because the fuel is percolating in the carb i have a new holley 650 spread bore vaccum secondaries weind intake it has a 1/4 inch phenolic spacer under it now.i have wrapped the fuel line on passenger side with glass cloth and heat tape that is closest to the headers.it will not do it if i just stop for 5 minutes or so it takes it a while to happen.do you guys think a thicker spacer would cure the problem or maybe a air gap intake which i have wanted anyway.i also have the intake gaskets that blocks off the heat passage.i am running 12 degrees initial timing any suggestions.thanks jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was thinking the same thing until I
found out that the air gap intake
gets just as hot as regular ones as
a result of heat-soak. Though while
running it's 20 degrees cooler.
That's a good excuse to get the air
gap intake anyway. Ordered mine last
week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys something just came to mind the headlight relay on my rs was leaking vaccum.and i replaced it. it was poping in the exhaust when i let off the gas.so this could create a lean condition causing the engine to run hotter.could this be my problem.thanks jeff

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You solved a vacuume leak. That may cause a lean mixture as now more air is coming through the horn of the carb. Try adjusting the idle mixture up a bit. As on deceleration that would be more of what your using than the throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts