Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever installed the B&M "Quick Silver" Shifter in my '68, never installed the backup light and neutral safety switch. Anyone know where it should be installed and where I access the wiring? I'm sure someone has installed this shifter in their Camaro.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
well, on a 68, you'll find em by the column if it was a column shift originally, or in / near the console if it was a console car.

You are looking for 2 big purple wires, which will be spliced together, for the neutral safety switch, and a smaller pink and green for the backup lights.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. So far I only see a loose yellow wire with a spade connector, but I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, there's a console but the gauges aren't hooked up. So the console may have been installed when the B&M shifter was installed. What would be some signs that it had a column shift originally? Right now it has a Momo steering wheel in place of the original wheel.

Is there a console on the car now?
Does it show any signs of ever having a column shift?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
If there's a console, most likely all the wires are in there. Take the top off and see what you find. It's pretty straight forward, except for the 2 upside dow screws in the front corners, you need a right angle screwdriver for those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts