Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo

I have bought an old Camaro from 1967 and there is one big problem, there are no papers on the car.
But it has the VIN-plate an there is also a matching chassis number. I have bought the car in Belgium and from the VIN-plate you can see that the Camaro was assembled on Chevrolet’s Plant in Antwerben – Belgium. I am from Denmark and if I want to have the car registered in Denmark I have to prove to the Danish authorities where the car is from. And it is not enough that I have a receipt from the previous owner or that you can see where the car was assembled. The car has been standing still for about 20 years so the Belgish authorities don’t have it in there system either. Is it possible to get any information about the car? Or should I just give up and send the car to a junkyard?

Kind Regards
Kristian Jensen

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Someone will help you shortly. For the sake of First-gens DO NOT send that car to the crusher!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Almost missed this.
You'll need to find out how the system works and what is required to get a new title. Often, the seller can request and get a new replacement title. That's a whole lot harder to do if the car is now in Denmark.
There's normally ways around it, you just have to find the angle. Abandoned vehicle, lost title (what if YOU have had the car for 20 years and need a replacement title?), etc.

Can I get a close-up picture of the VIN tag? [email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Kristian,

The best way to tackle this problem is to search through Danish internet forums of classic carclubs (doesn't mather what make!). Join them all and ask as many people you can. Also take a look at classic car magazines and ask car restoration company's. You are not the fist to have this problem! Also try google in Danish. You could even try to get a German title and then switch (just like importing) it over to a Danish title. There is always a way!

A buddy of mine here in Holland had the same problem with a '49 Chevy pick-up and it even didn't have a Vin number anywhere on the body, but he still managed to get a title!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answers

It is nice to hear that you all think it is possible to get the car registered. I will try to see if I can get a new title in Belgium, I have a friend who speak French and hope he can convince them what a tragedy it would be if the car had to be put to rest.
If it dos not succeed, maybe I should move to Holland!

Kind Regards
Kristian Jensen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts