Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they use the same trim for deluxe interior? All my books show you can order deluxe but not standard trim for top of door panels. Help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
My understanding from the response to my post is yes they are different although you can use either. Waaaaaaay back my car had the drivers door replaced and nobody noticed till I was buffing the trim the other night that it had a standard interior trim piece on it.....

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Are you talking about the stainless trim that is part of the window wiskers?

The top of the door panel has a stainless piece that is part of the window fuzzy. The standard interior uses a different piece as compared to deluxe but the fuzzy kits are available for both. If this is the part you are asking about, I have used "re-pops" brand exact factory replacement and have been very pleased with the quality. I think they came from D&R but you might want to verify that first.

-Mark.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm talking about the trim that the top of the interior door panels slide into. It bolts to the top of the door.

·
Registered
967 Posts
What year car? The 67's had metal tops at the top of doors. 68's went all the way to the top with upolstery. They have a metal plate attached to panel underneath the upolstery. Think 69 is the same also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts