Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I might be taking a job in Redondo Beach. Where are some good areas to live? Of course, i need a garage for my car.

thanks
jeff

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
how about next door to the Cheesecake Factory on the waterfront? :) that was an awesome place to eat one night a few years back on vacation :thumbsup:

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
If you can afford it look into Laguna Niguel... When you are down there looking around you have to go eat at the "Place Across the Street from the Laguna Hotel". That's actually the name on the sign. Order one meal ask for a plate and split the entree and there will still be food left over...

http://www.orangecounty.net/cities/LagunaNiguel.html

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, as i posted on team chevelle, id like to rent a small house with at least 2 car garage. the cheaper the better, but i figure 3K/month max rent. but i dont want to live in the hood either. id like to keep commute to around 20 minutes or less.

thanks guys

·
Registered
74 Posts
Redondo is really a nice Beach area, if you can afford it. For $3k, I think you can find a place there or surounding area. Torrance and Lomita are real close and just as nice, just farther from the beach. This area is called the South Bay, which includes the three areas mentioned and including Manhatten Beach, Palos Verdes, El Segundo, and Hermosa Beach. All these areas are nice, expensive and crowded.
Decent areas: Gardena, Carson and even Long Beach. These cities have good and not so good areas. Some of Torrance (old Torrance) is questionable.
I suggest south of Artesia and West of Crenshaw/or Van Ness. You should find what your'e looking for there.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I just moved from Redondo Beach back in August. Rent is expensive. I had a small 900 Sq. Ft. beach house with Garage and rent was 1600 bucks a month. Utilities are not bad. My average electric bill was about 30 bucks, we didnt have A/C so that helped. The local newspaper is the daily breeze. They have a web site and you can check into rentals there, www.dailybreeze.com
Personnally I would not live in Gardena or Carson, I do own weapons and always felt a need to bring one along when driving thru those areas. Hell the parents from there have their kids go to Redondo HS. Oh yeah, if you do have kids the school;s in RB are great, as are all the other beach city schools. Enough of this. If you have any questions send me PM and ask any question you may have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts