Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should I contact about where somethign goes in the reviews forum or about more categories?

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
Any moderator can help you figure out what category to place a review in. What are you wanting to review?

As for adding a category you are welcome to make a recomendation to the moderators but the best we can do is pass the info on to Aidan who is our contact with the company that owns the site.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I had emailed you asking for help on this and got no reply. I want to post a review of a ceramic paint I used but really see nowhere to put it.
Perhaps a new category for things like paint and sealers?

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
I have no e-mail from you, even checked my spam box.

If it's a new product then it would fit under "New Products" otherwise I would put it under the "Restoration" catagory.

There are very few submissions to the review section it's appreciated when members want to post in it. I can't add or change catagories or forums and with the new owners they have hundreds of sites to manage and a small staff. I have no idea how long it would take to implement even if they agreed it was something they wanted to do. What I'm trying to say is I'd use what available now and not wait.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry,it was a PM and not an email.
That wasn't a whole lot of help,Dennis.Under Restoration there is:Exterior trim and sheetmetal, Interior and soft trim, and engine and driveline. None a really good spot for paint.
So, how about you forward a suggestion to add a category for whatever paint would fit in? I can't think of a good heading title. Something that would encompass paint, sealants, consumables and the like. I understand that it may or may not get added.
Thank you.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
My bad, I didn't realize there were specific sub catagories under those... Okay so I broke my own rule, I went into an area I shouldn't because I am not a paid employee of AutoForums. I figured out how to create a sub-catagory. To really do it right would mean a few hours of my time planning out how to arrange everything and move things around without breaking the whole thing. I'm not going to do that so you get what I created. There were a ton of options and I took the default across the board so have at it! If it works great, if not then I'll ask our contact to look at it!

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now, 6 months later I have a review to post and for the life of me cannot see anywhere on the review section what to click to post a new topic. This would go under interior parts.
Someone can steer me straight I would appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts