Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used their products before? The website is www.eatmyshift.com. My personal interest lies in the transmissions. They have 200 r4 & 700 r4s at much lower prices than other companies, but claim that they can handle up to 500hp. Seems to good to be true, but one can never tell.
Does anyone have expeirence with this company?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have no experience with Monster, but I recently got a 700R4 from Gearstar. It was $1850 including shipping and included everything needed for the swap out from a TH350 except the drive shaft and 3 to 4 speed shifter assembly.

http://www.gearstar.net/transmissions/more.php?unid=48

Here's the Breakdown:
- 4L60/700-R4 - Level II "Road Tour Package" Transmission with Converter $1595
- Holley Geometry Kit $25
- 8 Quarts Synthetic Blend ATF inside transmission with 3 Quarts Castrol Dextron III Multi Vehicle ATF in crate $75.00
- Packaging Materials: Fluid Proof Trans Plastic Bag, Custom-Made Wood
Crate with Integrated Pallet and 2x4 Interior Frame $60.00
- Shipping $99.00

I had some issues with installation and setup and called them a couple of times. The customer service was great. It has a 3 year 36k warranty. Hopefully I won't have to use it.

Double check the Monster price all in. My experience when shopping was what looked good on the surface, had a lot of hidden charges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heres what I did. Found a local used 700r4, bought a kit from Probuilt Auto, and had a local trans guy put it together. 100+650+400=1150. The kit said its good to around 600ish hp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put it in. Can't drive now because of snow. I will report results.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I installed a Monster in my car in the fall. I drove it for about 300 miles and then parked it for the winter. It was a fairly simple install with the use of a hoist. It came with a lock up control kit for the converter. That was also easy to install. Just make sure the TV cable is set up correctly. I still have some tests to do but all is good so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts