Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt the upper control arms and installed the offset crosshafts while I was at it just to eliminate some shims.But when I put them in the shaft had the words "wheel side" stamped on them!Well, regardless I installed them with the words "wheel side" facing the engine. This seemed to be the way to do it to iliminate the huge shim packs that were on there before.It would seem then that my frame was spreading outward? as oppose to caving inward which seems to be the common! The instructions said to install them in either direction to fit your application! am I seeing things backwards here or has anybody else had to install them this way(with offset inboard). I aligned it my self and seems like it can be dialed in as far as camber goes and toe in but am I fouling things up for the caster alignment when I take it in to the alignment shop? Am I gonna have to pull the arms off and flip the crossbars around?Or am I being paranoid?:(
'

·
Registered
239 Posts
The offset shafts can be used in either direction. Use them whichever way that is to your best advantage. If your shim packs are way thick, position the shafts to space the control arm toward the center of the car which will reduce the shim thickness needed to attain the same alighnment specs. The more common situation is you can't take out enough shims to get a good alignment in which case you position the offset to space the control arms toward the outboard of the car which will increase the shims needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts