Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top kit that I got from Classic Industries (part # R503101)came with an extra strip of top material that is ~5 inches in width and 5 feet in length. Any ideas what this is used for?

The instructions that came with the top are photo copies of the 69 Fischer Body manual which I have but it does not have much for illustrations for many of the parts that it makes references to.

There also seems to be a piece missing which I will attempt to describe as follows:
It appears to be an outside rear header bow trim piece which covers the stiching where the top & the sides have a seam. It is held down on the ends with two chrome triangular shaped trim pieces.

I am not sure if this piece is available or if a person is supposed to create this piece with the material supplied. Any ideas how this piece is created and how it is attached? (The fischer book doesn't even mention it...)

If any one has installed one of these Classic Industries top kits, please drop me an email at [email protected] if you would be so kind as to answer a few questions that I have about hos to install this kit.

Thank yo in advance for you help with this!

·
Registered
68 SS Convertible, 383 EFI w/TPIS Mini Ram II, TKO 600, Aluminum flywheel, 3.31 12 bolt posi
274 Posts
When you removed the old top, there should have been a strip attached underneath the front bow just in front of the weather strip seal. This strip consisted of a piece of plastic with a bead or such on one edge, that was wrapped in top material. You should remove the old top material from this piece and wrap it with the extra strip of top material that you received. If you don't have this piece, I would guess you can get it from a local top installer.

The strip you are missing that attaches to the outside of the rear header bow should have been included with the top. At least it has been with every top I've purchased.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts