Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thank s for everyone s help with mt idiotic hei problem i ve been around cars my hole life but this is the first major resto ive ever done and lucky for this web site im not all alone my problem is this car would crank start but after a few minutes just wont crank and acts as if the batt. is dying click,click and a loud clank at the starter ive replaced starter batt. pos cable gound cable.and now im rewady to shoot my self i cant figure this out i begg please help me.

------------------

·
10,153 Posts
Check igniton switch and neutral safety switch. 69's used an interlock switch on the steering column to disable starter except when in reverse, I think.
They used a switch on the column same as an automatic used.
Any of these switches can fail partially and cause the starter solenoid to work poorly.
Try a remote starter switch on the starter to test. If the remote switch works, you have a problem with wiring or switches.
I know you have a 67, but others with 69's may read this.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 06-20-2001).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
If all your connections are good, and you have a good ground, then I would say to try another known good battery, as the one you have may have a shorted cell, and thus only enough to kick the engine over once,as you say. also try a search in this section and maybe more answers can be had. GOOD LUCK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts