Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The man is saying 1" to 2" of snow before it changes over to freezing rain, and than about 1/4" to 1/2" of that on top of the snow.

I blew a set of rubber chains off the JD during the last sleet/ice storm, that was some of the thghtest stuff I've ever had to move. I went to the local JD dealer last week and bought a set of JD brand chains, we'll see how they work out on the hill.

I love my JD 318, power steering, LT and RT wheel brakes, Hydro, 53" power angle plow, Its a fun tractor to run. Phil

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
We got almost a foot yesterday and will get another 6 to 8 inches before its over , lots of blowing and drifting. I had drifts of about 18 " in my driveway that I went through with my snow blower and at around 250 feet long she has been getting quite a workout. But I'm not complaining this is the first time Ive had it out all winter.

·
21,052 Posts
Phil,
is that a fresh pic from this morning ? I seen the news and its coming my way :sad: Another ice storm... where are these global warming theory's at ? lol :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil,
is that a fresh pic from this morning ? I seen the news and its coming my way :sad: Another ice storm... where are these global warming theory's at ? lol :D
Taken at 9:00am. Weather channel just said up to 1" snow, I got 2" on the ground now! I think you're looking at more ice than snow in you're area. Phil

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, with a hill and driveway like yours, I'd put a blade on that pickup. You must push all the snow downhill and over that embankment?

I use my 8.5hp Troy-Bilt "Chevy" to clear this little path.
I push it into a pile across the road.

I use to have a blower mounted on a 16hp Wheel Horse, but when I'd raise the blower it would take too much weight off the rear tires and it would not make it back up the hill.

Currant photo 11:00am Comming your way Doug!

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
We got over 12" of snow since Friday night after 1/4" of rain froze on the ground.. very slippery driving. My neighbor has an excavation business with endloaders and bobcats, so I dont have to shovel except around the doors and cars close up :thumbsup: sitting her sipping my coffee watching him at work... :) This is our first major snow of the winter too. Drought is gonna be bad again.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Seeing your JD 318 made me remember the JD 322 I had at one time. Loved all the things you talked about too. Especially the power angle plow! But to get any traction pushing heavy snow I gave in and bought what JD called a "stone box" for the back end. Hooked up to the factory hitch. I filled it with solid blocks and it made a world of difference pushing snow. As I remember it wasn't cheap, but was a quick fix for traction.

·
Registered
295 Posts
13" here in lakeville Took a look out the window this morning & :eek: , that led to :sad: & then :mad: so I snoblowed & then the plow went by & I :angry: so now im back in the garage :hurray: :beers: .

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts

Maybe this will help :D:

·
21,052 Posts
Close to 2" here and all snow so far (thankfully).

All started about 11am and ain't slowed up yet. (2:30pm now)

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts

Anyway, It seems I just raked up the leaves from last year and already, my ash trees are starting to bloom before the end of February ( a little unusual). I spent the first part of my life in Pennsylvania and I'm not sure how I made it through all those winters, but taking the snowmobile to the grocery store WAS pretty fun :D: Spring is just around the corner guys.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
wow. Snow.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Ya thanks alot Rick , just wait till that big earthquake comes and you guys drift out to sea . . . oh wait thats California , never mind.
Well, if its any consolation, we had an arctic freeze come through here in January and some snow too. It was so cold I almost quit my job!! :D: But being an "ex snow country guy",............ I feel your pain. :D:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.