Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I recently put in a moroso spring and weight kit. I primarily went with the close to stock spring, and then wanted to see what a lighter spring would do to my take off. For some reason the car began to peel out a lot easier and took off noticeably quicker. I am not too sure what the weights opening up quicker does to the distributor rotor, I am not too sure how the mechanical aspect occurs. I thought you guys could explain this to me better than anyone else probably could. Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Funny how hot rodding the engine can make the car go faster

The weights swing out from centrifugal force and the springs make the swinging happen over an RPM span rather than all at once as the engine just starts to rotate. Stiffer springs will cause them to swing out at a higher RPM. The weights have a "tail" that rides on a cam. The cam weight action will cause the ignition to fire a bit earlier which is good because as the engine runs faster, there is less time to burn the air/fuel mixture.

-Mark.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the explination, I really appreciated it. This really made a noticeable change for my 76, especially since I went to the lighter springs. Now I understand the concept better. Thanks man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts