Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new Moser Engineering 12 bolt rear ends. They sell for about 1800 bucks complete and considering what used ones are now selling for on Ebay, this looks like a decent deal to get all new stuff. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can tell you that Moser makes some good stuff. They are about an hour down the road from me and I had them set-up a posi rear end for me last year. I also have some racing buddies that swear by their stuff - So on the quality side, I'd say you can't go wrong. Don't know what to tell you on the $1800. Just my $.02.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bh3chevy/Bobs_All_Chevy.html" TARGET=_blank>69 X22 Camaro
68 Camaro
72 Nova SS
82 Corvette
</A>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best idea anyone has had in a while. Now we don't have to go buy a ford 9 inch to get a rear end that will handle 600 horsepower. I plan to get one as soon as I can get the duckets together.

·
Registered
574 Posts
MCPC,

I just finished installing one, very pleased with the install, although it didnt come with out bugs. I ordered it with a 3series eaton 33spline you can get 4.11 or 4.56 with the thick ring gear to fit 3 series. The axles are shipped in a box seperate from the rear, when I tried to install the axles they would'nt fit the posi, the splines were cut to a different spool, and to top it off when I finally got the Axles back, ups must have dropped the box because it punched one of the studs out of its bore. I Just had a tough time thinking they could send it out without fitting the axles, you would think that would be part of a final quality check. I also ordered it with the ford ends,the whole thing is real nice. Cost 2100.00 Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not wanting to bash Moser, cause I've used them, but I had the problem with my studs also. When I installed my Weld wheels, the pressed-in studs stripped. I turned the lugnut with my little 3/8" ratchet and it STRIPPED TWO LUGSTUDS!!.... WTF Have you ever tried to remedy this type of situation? It is a major PIA... I ended up cutting off both lugnuts (They were the Gorrilla locking type) with cutoff tool. When I finally pulled out both axles, I spot welded all ten studs into the axle ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts