Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from all of you on which low profile tire is the most popular and why you choose it...Looking for some information on tire choice.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
I have Nitto 555's on the '69 - For the price I don't think they can be touched for overall ride quality and I like the handling. I have BFG ZR4 CompT/A's (don't think they make them any longer)on the '96 and they seem traction challanged compared to the Nitto 555's. The '96 suspension is stiffer than the 69's and that has to be a factor but the bfg's just feel like harder rubber and seems to want to break loose cornering under power easier than the '69. Oh and that's not saying the '69 corners better than the '96...

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
hmmm.... well mine are for sure not the most popular, never seen em on anything else...

Goodyear Eagle F1, currently top of the line, supposedly the best rain tire on the market today. (I'll never have a chance to prove that)

The tread is a v-groove, at a 45 degree angle, a good 3/8" wide, narrower at the edge and the center of the tire. No other cuts or treads at all. very radical looking and stick like glue. not even close to inexpensive...
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1&mrktarea=Performance

·
Retired
26,617 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Both are great tires. I have the F1's on my 67 and the Nitto 555's on the 70.

The 555's were a lot less money.

I like the tread pattern on the Nitto's better, but being on 2 different cars, I can't really compare handling, but they are both outstanding IMO.

BTW, the F1's are showing wear at 9000 miles, and I've only had the 555's on for a few hundred.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally I was looking at the Fuzion tire. Does anyone have any comment on these tires. I like the looks of the Nitto brand also, but just want to compare all options.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have the Nitto 555's. My partner just put the Fuzions on his Evo8. We'll see how they do.

Gary

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to hear from all of you that have 17" tires, what are you running?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Nitto NT555RII.

275/40/17's all around. They are likely one of, if not the, most poplular tire size on planet earth. Popular sizes make for great tire choices, be it street, drag, autocross, or road coarse.

Here's a pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts