Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new SBC stroker (1996 4 bolt block) and have a few questions. My car is a 1969, X11 dressed in Z/28 trim and I'm installing a TKO 5spd. My questions are:

1. Currently, my subframe has factory #3955183 (1969-307&327) on the DS and factory #3945508 (1969-302&350) one the PS. I allways thought the motor sat cockeyed. Anyway, are the aftermarket mounts worth using? Or should I search for the one correct side I need?
2. The heads are Doug Herbert aluminum with tall valve train. My finned aluminum Z/28 valve covers wont fit. I think I can use a spacer to gain the clearence I need, but the internal breather is a little bit too wide to clear the valve springs. Any thoughts? THANKS! Mick

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
This chart may help.

This is my own chart that is a work in progress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All very helpfull information, thank you. Where does one get an original mount?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Dave Pozzi's site has a great section on motor mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First off, thanks for all the very helpful posts.
I'm getting anxious. I have a spare subframe that I plan to mount the engine to and begin the process of "registering" my bellhousing for the TKO. I've looked for the one original mount I need and no luck. Ground Up has a complete OEM kit and with the Team Member discount seems like a good price. Anyone have any experience with these? THANKS! Mick

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
The Anchor 2283 on Tom's chart works well with the factory frame mounts. Any parts store should have them. Ask for the specific part number because even Anchor's application chart is messed up.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You could call Ron at Mchenry Classiic Car he can fix you up. 815-648-1700

1 - 10 of 10 Posts