Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen somebody posted some where about some motor mounts to move the small block forward a bit in order to use a large body HEI. does anybody have part numbers?

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
http://www.pozziracing.com/camaro_engine.htm

Here is a link to David's information on motor mounts, but this only tells you what is supposed to be correct for a model year.
Have you tried using the small head HEI dist?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would love to try the small hei but i am short on cash. is there a junkyard swap for this? if so what car can i pull this off of? year make model?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
If you use those 327 mounts, it will bring the engine forward and your headers usually hit the steering box and if you have an 8" balancer, it will be into the swaybar. Do yourself a favor and get a small body HEI, or dent your firewall... it is not visible, unless the engine is out.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
OMG ,No offence to you Tom ,but Dave DON'T DENT your firewall,use a point dist.(there a dime a dozen) or I think they make a skinny cap for your HEI ??? someone else out there that's in the know???Good luck Dave Happy Motoring

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
OMG ,No offence to you Tom ,but Dave DON'T DENT your firewall,use a point dist.(there a dime a dozen) or I think they make a skinny cap for your HEI ??? someone else out there that's in the know???Good luck Dave Happy Motoring

If you want the stock dist look, you can change out the internals for Petronix breakerless system.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks does anybody have one laying around?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will check out a few more yards but i may get back to you on that Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts