Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice here. After re-installing a 502 I have in one of my Camaro's it became apparent the increased amount of vibration coming thru the chassis from the Energy Suspension motor mounts Vs the stock style mounts and small block the car had before.

Is there any tricks such as using a factory style rubber safety motor mount on one side to reduce the amount of vibration being transmitted thru the chassis or?

Thanks

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Yes on the drivers side, also make sure you don't have anything "grounding", Like headers or exhaust, is the engine ballanced? Correct flywheels, ballancer, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor was ran fine before in one of my Camaro's (no real miles on the thing just dyno time). I decided to simply re-install and get it running again before I sell it .

I will look into changing the motor mount on the drivers side (btw: using Lemons headers which provide a great deal of clearance all around). It is just the Energy Suspension motor mounts are stiff and transmit a bit more low level vibration into the chassis than I would like. I guess I'm just getting old.......New Al. BBC motor will be here soon so I'm anxious to get this behind me.....

Thanks for the reply.

Larry

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
Larry,

Go to the auto parts store and look at an anchor #2283 motor mount- that is the correct stock mount for a 69 BBC.
They are very heavy duty and have an interlocking feature; there really is no need for solid mounts in a street car IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts