Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the rear guards this week but they did not arrive with instructions. Imagine that. Do I have to drill holes in the rear valance to get this to mount? What size bolts and how long? Do I have to remove my rear bumper to do the install? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I received the rear guards this week but they did not arrive with instructions. Imagine that. Do I have to drill holes in the rear valance to get this to mount? What size bolts and how long? Do I have to remove my rear bumper to do the install? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks:confused:

I do not have bolt sizes..sorry. The 68 Assembly manual has it 12.49 inches from the bumper bracket existing holes. A 13/32 hole is drilled 1.08 inches rearward from the inside edge of the bumper. Center the bumper guard after mounting it to the bumper and mark the centerline of the valance then drill the 13/32 hole. It should be 3.50 inches down from the top of the valance.

Kev

·
Gold Lifetime Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information Kev, I take it that i should be able to leave the bumper on the car to mount the guards is that correct?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Yes you can leave the bumper on the car to do this. I installed mine last year with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts