Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I will be moving from Austin Texas to Louisville Kentucky in the next month or so. I need to get some information on moving my camaro. I don't trust the moving company to move it. Driving it is out of the question. Are there some moving companies with enclosed trailers that specialize in this type of move. I don't want my car damaged.

------------------
Kent
67 SS 427

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like a covered trailer, depending on cost. Since my car has about 6k in the paint job and has not been driven in rain since the restification, I would like to take reasonable assuances that it will not be messed up.

------------------
Kent
67 SS 427

·
Registered
775 Posts
I believe that Uhaul and and other similar companies have car trailers that you can rent. I don't know if they have enclosed trailers though. I guess you would also have to have a vehicle to pull the trailer.

By the way, welcome to the Kentucky.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have moved a few times using regular moving companies. They usualy do a detailed physical inspection noting every tiny nick and scratch, if any and ramp it right into the trailer with the rest of my household goods. They also stored the vehicles one time covered up inside a locked cage for a few months. I have no idea what it cost but they did a fine job and no damage on the show car or the project car. Considering my limited experiences, I guess you could try the regular moving companies as well as the specialty movers listed above.

-Mark.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to Lousivlle KWISSMAN. Lived here all my life. Any questions about getting around or info on car shows and swap meets just yell out.
Fairgrounds have a big swap meet this wknd.

Later.
RandyB.
68camaro, gettin ready for resto.
67 chevelle prostreet, 468 roller motor.

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
My next door neighbor just moved here from Missouri,they tucked their mini blazer in the back of the moving van, Allied, and it road just fine there. I never knew they could do that but if you are moving everything else, just get a big enough moving van.
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1, Balanced, TRW forged pistons, .30 over, TH-350 auto.,
Dover White,Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers,pdb, close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi., A/C, fold down rear seat
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts