Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, on my 3 rd heater coor from a 69 big block no ac. Others were too thick! I have the Bigblock cover with holes in the center too. Cover says Big block 67-69.

Tubes don't even remotely line up with the holes?

Help a newbie....:eek:

Original SBC heater core/cpver with no AC 68.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
My '68 BB core was the same thickness as a '67 SB I have lying around... It's 2.5" thick. What's yours?

It looks like you have read some of the threads here. Some suggest using the '69 core. But I think those threads are pretty old. I just finally found the actual thickness of a '68 BB core and ordered a '68 BB core. It was/they are the right thickness.

I am starting w/ a complete '67 SB heater as a base for my '68 BB. My car didn't have any heater stuff, except controls and defrost duct (luckily!), when I bought it. I bought an aftermarket/repro BB outer cover. I did a trial fitting of the inner box, core, tube seal, and outer cover out of the car. They were pretty close. I have to have the core tested and more solder is suggested, too. So, I may have them adjust the tubes when I have that done...

Now, don't me started on how badly the BB core clips on the aftermarket fit!!! :p

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I picked up an original '67 heater set up. I am using the inner case w/ aftermarket/repro BB outer case and '68 BB heater core in my '68. I test fit it all out of the car. The pipes were a bit off, though did fit. But again, I figured I'd have them moved when I bring it to the radiator shop for testing. If I wanted to adjust them...

·
Registered
144 Posts
my 68 6 cylinder (no laughing) had the original heater core. it took a heater core for a 69 to work. the 68 core from two suppliers were 1/2" too thick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts