Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone moved their altenator from the upper driver side to the upper passenger side .i was wondering how to move the wires to the other side of motor with out cutting the harness and splicing it.i have a ext. regulator.any thought would be great.thx clayton

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Not sure of the year of your car but based on the current location of the alt, I'm going to assume you have a '67 or a '68.

If that is the case, you'll have to make and extension for the harness and splice it in. The wires just aren't long enough to make it to the other side of the engine bay.

A nice splice shouldn't be an issue. I know you don't want to cut the wires but w/out tearing the harness apart, there isn't another option I know of

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I extended mine from the horn relay, across the front and hid it up in the core support. It comes out in the front on the passenger side with a grommet through the core support to the alt which is a high passenger side mount. Probly not proper but its out of site and out of mind.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys for the info.where can i get a splice kit?i never heard of one so i havent looked.il check around.and yes its a 68.thx again:yes:

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Did you get the bracketry worked out? Long or Short water pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts