Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With August being vacation month for alot of folks, I have decided to take a trip down to California with my master mechanic MarkLW of B.C. Canada and our families. The final destination will be Disneyland, but lots and lots to stop and see along the way! We would be interested in hearing from those in California who would like to meet up with us. We are leaving the NW around August 12th or so and will take 4-5 days to reach Disneyland. We are going to be meeting up with Zuma for this show: http://carcrazypromotions.org/index.html and we would love to have those in the area (or those willing to travel) to come visit with us! if you are not able to come to this venue, but would like to meet up, simply make a post here and we can try to work it into the itinerary! Looking forward to meeting new friends and meeting up with those we haven't seen lately too!
Dano :beers: :thumbsup: :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Re: MrDanB & MarkLW's Cali cruise + TC meet up!

Dano and Mark...there is a preshow bbq at the show site the night before...I think it's $10 and you can bring a side dish....(chip and dip is easy) I need to make sure it's open to non-GGSMU members...I will find out at the next meeting..... Maybe we can all meet there on the Friday before. Its a large private parking lot so taking the camaros should be no problem at all....:D

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Re: MrDanB & MarkLW's Cali cruise + TC meet up!

Dan and Mark:
Not sure if that's part of the dates we will be in the Bay Area yet or not (several weddings in June/July and some time at the mountain house in there somewhere ...) I will check with the President and Master Scheduler and see if she knows what dates I can come out and play for sure ... :eek:
That's the weekend following HAN, so hopefully we will be back in the area.
Hopefully we can all meet up at a dinner or show during your time in the area. If it's possible for Non-GGSMU people to come to the pre-show BBQ that may be a good opportunity for all.
Are you planning on a staying in a Hotel in the SF area or will you be traveling through fairly quick?
Say "Hi" to Lilly for me - is she planning a side trip to 'Vegas to refill her spare change purse :D

Looking forward to 'hook-up';
John M

ps : think you still have the numbers - if not drop me a PM ...

·
Retired
26,741 Posts
Hey Dan - Looking forward to your visit. Sounds like the car show gathering going will be on your return trip from SoCal. are you coming through the area earlier in the week? If so I was just thinking we could possibly do a parking lot meet and greet as well as the show day.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,540 Posts
How many of you guys are going to be here and how long in SoCal? If it's a managable number, I could start cleaning my shop now (about the size of the restrooms in DonBe's shop) and be ready to host a BBQ by August.

Oh, and five days to get to SoCal? Wimps.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many of you guys are going to be here and how long in SoCal? If it's a managable number, I could start cleaning my shop now (about the size of the restrooms in DonBe's shop) and be ready to host a BBQ by August.Oh, and five days to get to SoCal? Wimps.
Well, I think we have just 3-4 cars going down so far. We are taking extra time going down there to see some sights and have a liesurely cruise. No big rush, just get down there when we make it... I hope your shop is cleaner than Don's restroom :D (j/k)
I think we are slated to leave here around the 12th or so. We have time to adjust as needed. Looking forward to meeting up with the Cali. folks!!
Dano

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm going to sign up for Zuma's show. Let me know what else comes together in the Bay Area. I should be around!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Here is the link for the Friday night BBQ the night before the show. This might be the best place for us to get together, and hang out...The show will be cool also. :D...let me know if your in and I will send my form in as well, Its open to everyone. If you want to meet somewhere else for dinner let me know and I'm up for that too......:thumbsup: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Zuma1211/bbqonfriday.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I am sooo completely jealous!
The way I see it Jim, you're just one plane ticket away from a free beer and good times with some TC buds :thumbsup:

If Dan and Mike are in for the BBQ, that sounds good to me.
How many others think that would be the best meet-up?

I'll contact Royce incase he's not aware of this thread yet.

John M.

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
I am sooo completely jealous!
Jim, come on out.....ride the cable cars during the day and tip a few :beers: at the BBQ, recover, and go to the carshow the next day....:D

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
The BBQ sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

I had to laugh at the name of the street on the BBQ entry form.
Alameda de las pulgas translates to “Tree-lined avenue of the fleas!” :p

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Guys Id love to fly out and party BUT... I asked the Mrs. last night and NO kitchen pass for this one :( seems our daughters wedding is the same day and she expects me to walk her down the isle for some reason. She even wants me to let her and my new son in law drive after the wedding to the reception in MY camaro. Go figure :) Priorties I guess.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts

I had to laugh at the name of the street on the BBQ entry form.
Alameda de las pulgas translates to “Tree-lined avenue of the fleas!” :p

:D I don't think the original Spanish Settlers had that in mind when it was named Steve :D
In familiar or common spanish it means 'Flea' if written "pulga" (although the 's' is usually added to mean plural ) and to be ill-tempered if written "pulgas".
In older more proper spanish, it meant to be a person of little significance.
I would hope the fore-fathers had the latter in mind ... :yes:
So it meaning is more likely 'the street of the common person' - has a much more appealing ring to it doesn't it :D

Hope you can make it up here;
John

ps: Okay Jim, for a Wedding you can get the "One-time Northern California Bay Area T.C. event Pass" - but only because it's an immediate family member ;)
Congratulations on her Wedding :thumbsup:
Be sure to post a few pictures of you (in a Tux no less) standing by your Camaro :disco:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jody, You could be on a unicycle wearing a beanie with a propeller and we would still want you to be there. :D If you will be at Woodward, I completely understand not being able to make it. I would like to see the dream cruise myself one of these years....

Click, Congrats on the wedding. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again ;) Enjoy the new addition to your family!!
Dano:beers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I'll be there and the timing works out perfect with the work schedule as well. I am up for whatever BBQ, dinner, just hang out, doesn't matter to me. There will be pretty paint, chrome, noise, count me in. If things work out as planned I will even have a toy to bring to the party.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
My son has a summer project so our big trip has been canceled... so I will be here. I live 5 min from the Car Crazy show... also if you guys want to check out Infineon Raceway in Sonoma (formerly Sears Point) I have a shop there... come check out the track.. put your cars on the lift to check them out, change the oil etc.... or show up on a Wednesday for grudge racing :)

1 - 20 of 385 Posts