Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my 6AL doesnt work, has anyone ever took one apart and fixed them?? I just want to know if there is an easy fix, or do i need to send it to MSD? Thanks for any help.

------------------
67 Camaro
383-SRP Pistons, Manley Rods, Cola Crank, Edelbrock Performer RPM package, Speed Demon 750 dp, MSD Ignition, TH350 Trans stock gears and convertor

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but i dont really "need" one, i just wanted the one i have to work..I called MSD and they said it will only cost about 40 bucks to get it fixed, so thats what i'll probably do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you haven't sent it off yet, and it isn't still under warrantee, I'd open the back up and take a look at the printed circuit board. If it is fried, then call MSD back and ask them if it is still $40.00.

I have one they have hemmed and hawwed about for over a month over, burned up printed circuit and five components, and they say no dice.

I have seen ones with a good board, and just a couple of resistors or other stuff burned, and the $40.00 repair was well worth it.

If the printed circuit is fried or cracked, MSD will just kick the unit back to you with a "sorry, Charlie" if it is still under warrantee, or it will end up costing you almost as much as a new unit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sent my non-functional MSD box back last week for repairs.I asked the tech guy how do I know that the repair won't outweight the cost of buying a new unit.I was TOLD that the maximum charge would be $60.I don't know how true this is because I have been TOLD many things over the phone that are pure B.S..Thats why I always get the name of the person on the other end,makes it easier to get a refund when I complain.

------------------
67 RS RAGTOP # matching
4X4 Chevy truck
4X4 Suburban

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, thats what i was told 55 dollars max, but probably around 40. I'll open it up and see if the board is fried. I really hope its not. I already have an MSD 8360 billet distributor, i just wanted this mainly for the rev limiter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts