Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surely some of you crafty guys know a clever place to hide a MSD box. Anyone? It just adds to the clutter of the engine compartment. Trunk is too far away. I thought (as I was writing this) I might be able to tuck it away under the kick panel, but alas the box is too big.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Under the dash without a glove box for easy access and cooler air works great place out of sight and still easy to mount and if you can live without a glove box.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine is a radio delete so i installed the 6AL on top of the ash tray bracket under dash. Controls can be reached easily to adjust from there. And I installed with 3M Velcro, so it can be easily removed at any time and reinstalled just as quickly. Just my .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Mine is in place of the glove box.

·
Super Moderator
33,290 Posts
I mounted mine on the very top of the pass toe board. Drilled a 1 inch hole, installed a grommet, lengthened the MSD wire harness, and mounted it there.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I installed mine under the glove box. I made 2 metal brackets and mounted them to the dash. Then took a piece of aluminum plate and mounted my MSD , Coil, and extra fuse block to this plate. Then mounted the plate to the brackets. You can barely see it from the inside of the car. You could also add a hinge to one side and it would swivel down for easier access. I also mounted one of the coil wire bulkhead adapters to the firewall for the coil wire.

Look at my briefcase.yahoo in my signature. Look at the interior guage picture you will see my MSD and Coil from the passanger side door.

Another thing is to have easy access to test it if your car wont run. They have a test procedure to test it in the car. I just went thru this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i mounted mine under my glove box, the box structure holds it just fine, no vibration, had to drill a larger hole in the firewall for the wires, but a rubber grommet works great. sure is a lot easier to troubleshoot connections and heat is definitely not a problem.:yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts