Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any experiance with MSD's new alternators? I was thinking of running one just to be different.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Didn't know MSD made alternators... I'll have to take a look in my new Summit Catalog!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have had it on their website for a while but to find it at Summit I had to add the MSD/Summit part number. But you can read about it at MSD's site.
www.msdignition.com
Mike

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I didn't find it in Summit either... I followed the link you posted and didn't see it there.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the MSD site go to 2004 New Products than on the screen the first option is the Advanced Power System click on that and you are there.
Summit part # is msd-5105 for the 130 amp plug in model the have 6 differnt versions from.
Here is the link for the 130 amp plug in model. (I hope this works)
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=100&Ntk=PartSearch&Ntt=msd-5105&x=19&y=11

Here are all the MSD #
Output Plug-in One-Wire
105 Amp PN 5100 PN 5101
130 Amp PN 5105 PN 5106
160 Amp PN 5110 PN 5111

Good luck and tell me what you think.
Mike

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Looks pretty neat. Kinda pricey though.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I know the CS130's work. Not sure about the MSD though. Hopefully they are more durable than their ignition boxes are. Then again, maybe the regulator is better so the electrical voltage doesn't get high enough to smoke their ignition boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts