Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this a stupid question but I run a complete MSD ignition system on my camaro. MSD Ready to Run distributor and msd 6al box, and Blaster 2 coil. My question is I went to buy new spark plug wires and am not sure whether I need HEI plug wires or not. Whats the differences in the caps? I understand if the car was stock I could run HEI but with the MSD system don't I have the option as to what terminals and boots I can run based off the style cap? Basically what does a HEI versus points cap look like. I believe my cap has the terminals on the cap, but am not 100% sure. I need to check when I go home. Thanks, Erik

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
msd does in fact offer both "hei" and "points" type caps. the most common type it seems is the points type, or the cap that has female inserts for the wires. the hei has spark plug type male posts for the wire to snap onto. so basically (i hope) hei wires snap over posts on the cap, and points type insert into the cap posts. it just depends on the type of msd cap your running. is this the info you were looking for? if so then

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
how come i didn't think of that?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That answers my question perfectly. Thanks, Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts