Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the diagram below to wire in my MSD 6al-2 to MSD 85551 dizzy. Couple questions:
Should I fuse the two power wires going back to battery (heavy red and blue 2-step/launch). If so, what AMP fuse for each?
If fusing is a must, could I splice the two power wires above together and fuse with single fuse? (running out of space on the power distribution block...) If so, what AMP fuse for combined wires?
Last, heavy black to battery negative, can I just ground it to some good ground near by or do I need to run it all the way back to the battery negative post?

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered one of my own questions... Blue 2-step limit must be activated via a switch, so splicing the blue and red together as one is not an option. So back to the fuse question should each be fused?

·
Super Moderator
32,447 Posts
By trial & error, you tried tying the two together and found it 2-stepped all the time.

No fuses required in either as the launch switch would be from a fused source, maybe, dependent upon installed option.

You can run the large neg wire to the block and the large red wire to the solenoid post if on the firewall or to the battery posts if mounted on the inner fender. For best operation, both to battery posts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts