Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I have a stock SS350 rallysport and I am putting a factory high rise alum intake 4 quick fuel carb and I have always used MSD . Does anyone know about using the MSD with the factory tac. MSD told me I could put it all on with no fear of damaging the factory tac and I may or may not need a inline filter. Who has done this and knows . thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I am running an MSD Pro Billet distributor, Blaster 2 coil, and a 6AL box with their Super conductor wires. I have an OER reproduction factory tachometer and everything works perfectly. I have been running the setup for 12 years. Never a problem. You will be fine.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I've been running various versions of MSD's since they became a company. My original tach still works great. Be sure to NOT use the factory resistance wire. That's only for points.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have used them 10 years on my 35 Fountain Powerboat w/twin engines,so I have 2 of them, just wire it up according to their instructions , I have never had any problem, if I were doing it over I would use the MSD ready to run dist. and not mess with the box, I believe I would get same result.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
There is a tach output wire that you will use (gray I think) that should connect right up to your tach. Im using this exact setup with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts