Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im relocating my battery to the trunk and had an idea to put my ignition back there as well to clean up the engine bay. Im going to be running a MSD pro-billet distributor and blaster 2 coil with my 6AL and was wondering if anyone else had an idea as to why I wouldnt want to do this.

I plan on extending the wires to the distributor as well as the one from the ignition to the box. In doing this I was considering there being a loss of voltage from the box to the distributor from the longer wires. To fix that problem, I was thinking of running a thicker gauge between the connections. is this a total hair brain plan or do you guys think this is a legit idea? Any advice would be appreciated.
:beers:

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Im relocating my battery to the trunk and had an idea to put my ignition back there as well to clean up the engine bay. Im going to be running a MSD pro-billet distributor and blaster 2 coil with my 6AL and was wondering if anyone else had an idea as to why I wouldnt want to do this.

I plan on extending the wires to the distributor as well as the one from the ignition to the box. In doing this I was considering there being a loss of voltage from the box to the distributor from the longer wires. To fix that problem, I was thinking of running a thicker gauge between the connections. is this a total hair brain plan or do you guys think this is a legit idea? Any advice would be appreciated.
:beers:
You'll be able to find a coil wire to go from the blaster to the dist long enough to reach from the trunk???
Keep the blaster next to the dist. I mounted the MSD next to the coil also. Thats alot of voltage running from the trunk. I wouldn't want to see a short!

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
keep the MSD close to the dist.
longer wires mean higher resistance therefore an bad idea.
Mount the 6AL in the glovebox, and paint the coil black. The extra length wires to the dist wont's make a difference on a street car. With that said, I did upgrade the 12V, and ground wires.

This keeps my 69Z's engine comparment stock looking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll be able to find a coil wire to go from the blaster to the dist long enough to reach from the trunk???
Ok, I think things finally clicked... Im embarassed to say I completely forgot about connecting the coil to the distributor... :eek: Thanks for knocking some sense into me!!! I swear sometimes at night I just go completely brain dead!

In light of that Im going to take everyones advice and put the MSD under the dash and the coil closer to the distributor.

Thanks guys....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts