Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, I've had the sportman pros, and I can't afford to loose any traction. I'm getting a 1.9 60 ft now easing into it slowly so I don't blow them off. I know there is probably better but I can get these locally and I need something that the cops will leave me alone. They seem to bother the guys running ET streets and stuff.
The Sportsman Pros are 29-12.5-15
The BFG Drag Radials are 315/60/15

Thanks

Dino

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[No message]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no opinions on which is better

Dino

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
your combo should 60' better than that with sportsman pros, imo. you don't list any traction aids in your sig, so let me reccomend one, caltracs. i'm running consistent 60' of 1.62-1.63 with factory suspension parts, drag radials and caltracs. the only reason i have not run quicker 60's imo is my mild gears (3.73) and the need for a bit looser converter (not to mention steel rallyes, power steering and the battery still hanging over the front tires). my car dead hooks every time. get that thing to hook and it should run 11's, imo. good luck with it

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There is no comparison- BFG's all the way. I am assuming the Sportsman Pro are like the Hoosier Quick Times (not QT Pro's)and to me those were worthless.

I 60' 1.52-1.59 depending on the weather with the BFG's. I tried the Quick Times once to see if they would last longer than the BFG but they didn't even come close to hooking so I sold them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
my friends bloen BBC 68 runs the new M&H muscle car tire in Jegs. It hooks to the tune of 1.55 on these. And there's alot of tread, you will not be hassled.

Just another option out there for you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I race everyweekend, and I and many others in the Street class use the Hoosier quick time pros, they may not be the best on the street but i run consistent 12.00`s with 1.68 60's and never spin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts