Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting my 69 on the road and I need a completely new muffler system. I am going to go with flowmasters but would like your opinion on which one to run. there is a 30 series and a 40 series that they recommend, dont know what either of these sounds like. Motor is 400 horse big solid cam. thanks Clay

·
Registered
538 Posts
I love my set-up. You will get varying opinions on this one though

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been using Flowmaster mufflers for 15 years on everything I've owned past and present.I cant say anything bad about those guys.....but after hearing a couple of cars with those Spintech mufflers makes me want to try a pair on the old Chevy.

I use the 70 series on my 69 Camaro.But those are some big mufflers up under there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 40's on my stock setup, 396-325, and I love the sound, pure muscle! My friend has 40's on his 68 ss350 with headers and they sound great as well! The choice is your's but many people I know say 40's are the way to go! Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
love mine...got them at racemuffler.com :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the feed back. Thanks mike for the web site for flowmaster that was very cool to listen to the different mufflers, My 11 year old son got a kick out of it !! He is a future drag racer and muscle car owner in the making. I LOVE THIS WEB SITE !! Clay

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
You may be able to hear my car exhaust note at my web page. It has 40 series Flowmasters, 3" to 2-1/2" Dr. Gas "X" pipe and Flowmaster 2-1/2" tailpipes. Haven't installed a radio on the car, just so I can enjoy the exhaust sound, it's music to my ears. :D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I wouldn't pick your mufflers based on the sound bites on the internet. They don't sound anything like the car will in real life. Also, the sound bites don't capture the trademark Flowmaster head-splitting resonance because the cars are accelerating. How about a sound bite from the interior of a car cruising at 2200 RPMs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
stay away from the flowmasters. Im running the delta 40 series through 2 1/2" dual exhaust w/ stock manifolds and a stock 350, and though they sound nice when idleing or accelerating the resonance at about 3000 rpms (which is right where I cruise at on the highway) is absolutely deafening, its an instant migraine. If you plan to drive this car often, consider another brand, maybe borla or dynomax.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.