Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if FlowMaster makes a single muffler that goes between the axle and the gas tank that has a deep throaty sound? I would like to stay with the single muffler between the axle and the gas tank like I have now but have a deep throaty sound. Mine was installed several years ago, so I'm not sure what brand it is. It might be a FlowMaster but they make different ones. My engine is the stock DZ302 with regular exhaust pipes. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a video of my car with the Flowmaster Transverse muffler exhaust system, I have a 454. Let me know if you want to hear how it sounds and I'll post the video.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a video of my car with the Flowmaster Transverse muffler exhaust system, I have a 454. Let me know if you want to hear how it sounds and I'll post the video.
I sent you a private message. It seems like Flowmasters have a certain number, so do you know what number yours is?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Here's a kit, muffler part number is in the instructions. Don't know if the muffler alone will work with stock pipes but muffler shops can do about anything. 17104 in aluminized steel, 817104 in stainless. Video down by the stainless model. A couple of years ago Auto Zone messed up and was selling them for $274, I think a few people here grabbed them.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=355&make=47&year=1969&model=432&submodel=20&engine=1386&x=33&y=17&category=Exhaust+Kits&category2=&category3=

·
Registered
223 Posts
Another thing to note, after years of starting in the garage and not getting to operating temp the muffler rusted on the bottom from condensation.
I sent Flowmaster a pic and they sold me a new system for cost, Great customer service!!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I have the Flowmaster knock offs from summit racing. There called racing mufflers with there name on them. You can hear my 350ci camaro on youtube under jared freemyer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts