Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked through 16 pages of leaf spring posts & still have questions.

I have a 68 SS396 that I want to upgrade springs on. About 20yrs ago I built the car & at the time did not spend the cash for new springs. I assume it had 5 leaf versions, but do not remember as I mix & matched leafs from a couple sets of springs to build mine. The car sits nice, but my old school traction bars have bent the front leaves over the years & I would like to replace them, along with a set of Caltracs

Can I expect a similar height from a new set & whose did you purchase? Here is a picture of the current height with a 26" tall tire.

Would prefer to keep the original style (quantity) springs as I do not want to be buying more in the future. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Stock Multi-Leaf setup are cheap, about 170.00, I've installed about 10 of them over the years and no complaints, I get them from Ground Up.

Jeff G.
69 Triple Black Vert.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock Multi-Leaf setup are cheap, about 170.00, I've installed about 10 of them over the years and no complaints, I get them from Ground Up.
So you think the 5 leaf versions will give a similar height to my current setup.... I'm fearing after I change them it will sit like a truck?

I do not want to do it twice, as it will be hard enough the first time without adding any unnecessary scratches under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts