Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
19,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running Multi's in mono perches using multi pads also. I wonder if this is fine with u-bolts (looks like about every other car/truck ran this way) but I did make spacers ,courtesy of work, if needed.

Whats your opinion ?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I removed the headed center bolts and installed longer 5/16" carriage bolts that I added threads to after grinding off the squares under each head. Just install them, cinch them down, whack h-ll outta the heads w- a big Ford Tool to set them and tighten down again and cut off and pein the ends and you are good to go..

This is b/c a mono car doesn't have top hole's in the rear housing perches is all.....

Then you will be fine using at least one "U"-bolt per side!

And if you are worried about, then make some spacers so you don't bend the shock plates too bad..

Mine ran with '68 'Bird 5-leaf multi's w/o spacers for years and years just like this after I broke onna my mono's years and years ago..

pdq67

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I ran mine like you are for years, with the spacers and 2 u-bolts per side.

With my new setup, I have multi perches but are using 1" lowering blocks and no rubber, solid mounted. Had 1/2 gapo between the perch and the shock plate, which I took up with spacers.

·
19,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have 2 u-bolts per side and Lakewood slappers. I used the one pad with the hole on top to allow room for the bolt head and tightened down, Seems ok but as always .... second opinions are needed. :D
Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i got a 67 camaro got a multi springs in there. with multi leaf spring rear also used all multi leaf setup except bottom perches and hollowed out holes for to allow u bolts to go through. that way i dont have to move left shock tower.

·
Registered
114 Posts
dont done it it wont be the same any more
you will have other promblel down the road
go have some made up custom ones there a reason for every thing

·
19,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont done it it wont be the same any more
you will have other promblel down the road
go have some made up custom ones there a reason for every thing