Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you guys tell me if these are the right ones ? Ive ordered and recieved a set of multi plates for my 69. Going from mono to multi with new moser diff and hotchkis leafs. Is there more than 1 style of these for a 69 multi rear? EDIT- yes they are ...im an idiot

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The plates on the right are standard 68-69 monoleaf plates, they are identical because one shock mounts ahead, the other behind, you just spin one plate 180 degrees.

The pair on the left are new reprop multileaf plates, again, 2 identical plates, spin one 180 degrees.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted guys thanx. These are the right ones !

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Yes, the ones on left look correct for multi-leaf. My guess is you'll have to bend the tabs as the repro ones never get them angled right. Check out this thread for more info as I've been there done that... I would recommend the second method of bending (much less abrasive) I listed in the thread.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111308

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the ones on left look correct for multi-leaf. My guess is you'll have to bend the tabs as the repro ones never get them angled right. Check out this thread for more info as I've been there done that... I would recommend the second method of bending (much less abrasive) I listed in the thread.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111308

Thanx Matt , i had a read and im onto now

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
They're not quite identical. The bottom one on the left is for the passenger side. I know because I put mine back on backwards initially after painting them and the little hole is for the locator tab on the e-brake cable guide/support. Yet another job I did twice.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're not quite identical. The bottom one on the left is for the passenger side. I know because I put mine back on backwards initially after painting them and the little hole is for the locator tab on the e-brake cable guide/support. Yet another job I did twice.

that be on my right side as its converted to RHD :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts