Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a few 660 muncie transmissons and was wondering why some of the 3925660 casting numbers on some are smaller and some are bigger from trans to trans.Is it because some were 68 trans and some were 69 trans. Does anyone know if there was a time period that these casting numbers changed?

·
Registered
311 Posts
There are a lot of different masters used in the casting process...
I've looked at all the different 660 cases I have (close to 100) and the same good and bad casting show up thru the hole run of 660 cases... Hope this helps... Crash

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
There are a lot of different masters used in the casting process...
I've looked at all the different 660 cases I have (close to 100) and the same good and bad casting show up thru the hole run of 660 cases... Hope this helps... Crash
Do you have a log of VIN stamps on those 100 cases, by chance?

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Gary, sent you an IM.

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Thanks for checking! One day I may find mine.:hurray:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crash, so your saying that the smaller,crisp numbers and the larger faint numbers change throughout the the 660 period from what you see when looking through your cases?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Luke, I looked at some of my cases and found several with the same master number, and compaired the cosmedic flaws(numbers,texture,ect.)... The same masters were used all 3 years of 660 production(1968-69 first half of 1970)... Hope this helps... Crash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts