Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for these trannys to make a whizzing/whirling type of noise? Sounds like something is "spinning." Could it by the shifter?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sad thing, I just paid $1,100 for a total rebuild. I know, paid at least $300 too much.

·
Registered
294 Posts
are you sure oil level is up to fill hole? or bearings.

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm taking the car back next week to have it checked out since it's under warranty. I wish for what I paid, it should have been done right the first time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have about $600.oo total into the M20. I have been told by various people that some of these aluminum cases wear in the bearing races on the inside and are never quite right. Has anyone else heard about this? Good luck. At least yours is in warranty,if you stick with it hopefully they will get it right. I had to take mine back too because it started grinding fourth and they fixed that but I still have the spinning whirring sound.
Take care ~ John

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I feel pretty stupid asking this, but what fill hole? I didn't even know they used any kind of fluid, duh? If so, what kind of fluid and where does it go in? I've never even checked mine, I'd like to check it before something goes wrong.......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John,

I believe that the fill hole is on the upper portion of the tranny on one of the sides and has a plug of some kind, where you fill in the gear oil. Also, I spoke to Justin and his shop will be ready next week in Mesquite and he's going to do your car first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts