Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I own a 68 Convertible (350) with a spent saginaw 4 speed, yesterday i totally removed the tranny clutch and all. Now im to the point of shopping for a new tranny. I quess my questions are - First Dollar for dollar (resale value, car value) is a Tremec 5 speed worth it over a muncie. I use the car as a daily driver. No plans on racing other than street light to street light, Is it worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did the Tremec in my 67 and I love it, but, there is nothing better than banging gears in a Muncie and the conversion ended up costing me about three grand. You can do it for less, but you know how it is, "as long as this part is out, I might as well put a new one in...". Having said that, overdrive is awesome!:D

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Mine was a powerglide when I bought it, switched to a muncie the first year, and to a tKO 5 speed last winter.

Let' see... Last summer I drove the car 6000 miles.
The 6 years before that did not add up to that total, not even close.
Need I say more?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
eric and jim are absolutely right...why spend a ton of money on a beautiful car, and only be able to enjoy it on weekends in town...the tko600 gets rave reviews, and i can tell ya, we put a ton of power to it without a wimper...3 to zip overdrives...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Matt
Give me a call and I'll try to help out with any questions you may have. The best part of having a TKO is you still have the four gears you're used to plus the overdrive for the highway. A TKO is stronger than a Muncie too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts