5Y
E 2EMG 3SL

*Built in November on the 2nd week
*Van Nuys, California
*Model Year 1967, Sport Coupe, Custom Interior
*Black Custom Buckets
*Deluxe Seat Belts
*Ermine White body with Black Vinyl Top
---HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT CAME WITH STRIPES OR NOT?!
*RPO z23 option, interior decor
*RPO z22 option, Rally Sport
*A/C , Powerglide, Center Console
*All Tinted Windows
*Body Unit Number 8359 (by Fisher)

**No Designation in Group#4 = 327 v8
**S656 is the internal plant code.... 656th car during the S period? (my vin ends in 655 though, was that a plant error or do they go 1 car ahead?)

Thanks guys .... any info I missed/got wrong , let me know :) ---

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Decode looks pretty good to me. Your car was built in the second week of November 1966 (11B). The only way to determine factory stripes is by looking for traces of original paint stripes or if it is listed on the build sheet (if you already have one or can locate it somewhere in the car). The 67, 68 and pre X code 69 trim tags do not have stripe information.

Sounds like a very nice car regardless!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scott. Is the build sheet "hidden" or is that something I would know I had? I dont have one, lol. I am only the 3rd owner , and my aunt was the 2nd. The car has 85k original miles on it, but no longer is white ---

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
The broadcast sheet (build sheet is tossed around but not what it is) on LA camaros but mostly in 1969 model year. It was on top of the gas tank for that year. I recall that 67-68 was not found there very often and a Norwood car sheet was virtually never found. If its there, you have to really tear it apart, could be shoved above fenders in trunk, under seat cushions, under seat springs, up under dash all crumpled, or most likely NOT THERE at all. Dont worry if you dont find it, most dont, sadly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, that is a bummer, lol. Even if its there, chances are that its been destroyed by the weather over the last 40+ yrs. Thanks for clearing that up :) ---

1 - 5 of 5 Posts