·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is the 2nd design cam...#754

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Looks good but those stock manifolds have to go. I never could understand why anyone would want to run the crossram with stock exhaust. The crossram takes it out of the original category so might as well put some period correct headers/exhaust on it and get an extra 30-40 hp! :)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know about the manifolds...

headers may be in the future... i will get the correct ones also... it just that i hate headers..always have, always will.....

i need to lose the wires, tranverse muffler, and manifolds....it actually runs good though. i can idle it down to 1000 but is to soft of an idle....a simple letting out the clutch or power steering pump will kill it.. it needs to idle at 1400. runs clean at the pipes. im re-curving the 266 dist this week.as far as HP i dont care....its just a toy and i will never race it.....

my bring it to the goodguys next weekend.....im only a couple of blocks away....

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Think someone is making the replica stock looking factory tube headers? Those would look good and be more effective than standard tube headers. Saw a set posted on this site and they were coated light blue? That would help the idle also. I am sure the little mouse will appear to be a dog at low rpm with that cam , but I believe about 4500, better have lots of room in front of you and deep gears. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Wow! My pulse is still doubled! Isn't that setup ILLEGAL?! You know, it feels too good.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wow, realy good looking and sounds great too!!
I can't wait to get mine installed, UPS just delivered my carbs, now I only have to find an oval aircleaner to finish it...

·
Registered
355 Posts
very wicked!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Actually, if you don't want headers, find a spare set of manifolds(doesn't have to be numbers correct) and have them ported by Brzezinski Racing(I always spell it wrong).

Ported Manifolds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts