Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped by the shop and snapped a couple of pics of my 1st LS motor

Couldn't be happier so I though I'd share, she should go pretty good .. :thumbsup:

Old school ...

NEW school

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys .. Steve thats an LS7
Matt, yes I made the plate, and I agree the BBC does look nicer.

I've never driven one of our cars with an LS, so I'll have to let you guys know if giving up the looks for 800 HP and 20 MPG was worth it LOL

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,662 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks guys .. Steve thats an LS7
Matt, yes I made the plate, and I agree the BBC does look nicer.

I've never driven one of our cars with an LS, so I'll have to let you guys know if giving up the looks for 800 HP and 20 MPG was worth it LOL
old school looks nice, but your right foot don't lie!:noway::beers:

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
old school looks nice, but your right foot don't lie!:noway::beers:
Because a $6000 supercharger kit couldn't make that big block go? :D

Not an LS hater, they are sweet motors, but I always have to laugh when the old style motors are dismissed as "unable" to have similar results. Fuel injection and a blower can be fit to any package.

Just sayin', and either way, should be a lot of fun, enjoy the new bullet! :thumbsup:

·
19,998 Posts
I jumped on the LS wagon due to making power is a little easier (ie: CHEAPER) than the old SBC and all the while using factory, production parts ;)

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I jumped on the LS wagon due to making power is a little easier (ie: CHEAPER) than the old SBC and all the while using factory, production parts ;)
And you can dress them up to look old school if you want. :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Steve, all looks great, before, and next, could you show a another pict of your full witdth stripe, reminds me of some of the old Trans/Am cars

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because a $6000 supercharger kit couldn't make that big block go? :D

Not an LS hater, they are sweet motors, but I always have to laugh when the old style motors are dismissed as "unable" to have similar results. Fuel injection and a blower can be fit to any package.

Just sayin', and either way, should be a lot of fun, enjoy the new bullet! :thumbsup:

Sean, completely understand what your saying but I didnt really go to the LS7 for more power. The reasons I did it was the following
Modern drivability
Waaaaay less smell (wife hated driving in it) 15 minutes in that car and I stunk
Value ...
And because I simply wanted to build a serious LS car

This is not a debate of BBC vs LS but an interest in the challenges of completing this project and the need to see, feel and experience the results having never driven an LS based pro tpuring car.

I guess we will see in a few months

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey John, ya no problem, it'll just be a few days as im away on holidays until next Saturday.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Sean, completely understand what your saying but I didnt really go to the LS7 for more power. The reasons I did it was the following
Modern drivability
Waaaaay less smell (wife hated driving in it) 15 minutes in that car and I stunk
Value ...
And because I simply wanted to build a serious LS car

This is not a debate of BBC vs LS but an interest in the challenges of completing this project and the need to see, feel and experience the results having never driven an LS based pro tpuring car.

I guess we will see in a few months
Steve,
My intent was not to take anything away from your build or the LS platform, your build is going to be sweet I'm sure and the LS is a great modern platform, GM is doing a great job with it.
My only point was they are all internal combustion, and while comparing factory to factory the old platform can't compete, but with modern parts they can all do the same thing right down to modern fuel systems and computer controls.

But the real point is it's what you want, its your car. I personally have no issue with even seeing crossbreeds, cool is cool! I respect the work that goes into them.

Good luck with it and most importantly have fun! Sorry about bringing any debate into the thread, not my intention. :beers:

·
19,998 Posts
Sean...sold my old converter to a guy who was telling me about my old 406 in a gutted 85ish Monte of a buddy of his.
Still running 11.3's-6's ;)
Seems that motor has went through a few cars and people now...still running strong. Pretty good for a 20year old build that seen a few top end and cam changes over the years l:)

Back to the OP's thread :beers:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sean, no offence at all ! No worries, I just wanted all to know and understand the reasoning behind this build, and thats all. Generally everyone has thier preferences on what they believe is correct or incorrect, proper or not, enough power or too much power etc etc. Everone should do what 'they' believe is right for them, for me.. its all about creating and being challenged with obstacles that you continuously encounter when doing a build of this nature. Im a bit of a perfectionist and have a bit of OCD when it comes to my cars therefore I do as much of the work I possibly can myself and so the finished product should be .., for me anyway ☺ perfect

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Dropped by the shop and snapped a couple of pics of my 1st LS motor

Couldn't be happier so I though I'd share, she should go pretty good .. :thumbsup:

Old school ...

NEW school

Steve, I knew you would do something special after your 496..LS7!

Wow even.

Now what about that killer interior I saw?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Don !
Oh you mean that interior I sold a few months ago ... ☺

I am working with Harold at New Image Interiors on a full new interior that will most definitely take it to the next level. Again Im desiging / building everything and Harold will do the upholstry work.

I have a couple of cool ideas and am just hoping it turns out as nice as I have pictured in my head right now ... guess we'll see come spring time.

Steve

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Btw ... Don what are you working on now ?

Steve

1 - 20 of 73 Posts