Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post a couple of pics from my build. There is so many cool things on these pages so I thought I would show something a bit different.
Shaved & cleaned up each side of the instrument cluster & moving things over to the center part of my dash. BTW, props to Modern Classic Interiors for the center dash. It gives me a level to put my Vintage Air and another level to put my lights, wipers, convt top, and push button starter.
In pic 2, we sealed up the cowl and the front speaker grill on the dash. Don't think I'll be using either one.:grin2:

Attachments

·
19,786 Posts
Looks good....but I have to ask about the astro venting.
Air is supposed to flow through the cowl, down the tulips, and through the rockers to help with water/condensation.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Looks good....but I have to ask about the astro venting.
Air is supposed to flow through the cowl, down the tulips, and through the rockers to help with water/condensation.
67's do not have Astro Ventilation. They did however have air introduced through the plenum which then entered the cabin through the kick panel vents. Vent windows also provided air flow control. Astro Ventilation came in 68 when vent windows were dropped after 67. Astro allowed air to enter through the plenum and exit the cabin through the grilles in the door jambs. The grilles have flappers to allow air to exit but not enter.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the vent windows and the Vintage air, I figured I could get enough air flow without the air coming through the cowl.
As far as the starter button on the floor, I hadn't thought of that location, but thanks for the idea! I was initially thinking of the a starter system a buddy saw at SEMA. You hide the ignition somewhere (anywhere you want) in the dash and you just have to wave your fab over to start. We found out yesterday those were discontinued...bummer.

·
19,786 Posts
67's do not have Astro Ventilation. They did however have air introduced through the plenum which then entered the cabin through the kick panel vents. Vent windows also provided air flow control. Astro Ventilation came in 68 when vent windows were dropped after 67. Astro allowed air to enter through the plenum and exit the cabin through the grilles in the door jambs. The grilles have flappers to allow air to exit but not enter.
OK, wrong name, but I thought 67-69 all had the same "air flow" through the rockers ? Called ???

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I am seeing, the flap in the kickers were either operational vents or sealed if you had AC. Am I wrong? I don't know, never had AC, but that is the way they are sold aftermarket. My 68 had kicker vents too along with the astro vents. I see I am getting a little criticism, but with the vintage air, I didn't see the need and thought what the hell, be different!

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
With A/C those vents are closed off. You actually not going to loose anything but rust build up, condensation and other **** that gets in there. I think plugging it up is a great idea. I thought about doing it myself but did not have the time and also was thinking what I would do about wipers.

·
19,786 Posts
OK, thanks, wasn't 100% sure on that so I asked.

Carry on :beers:

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still mocking up the interior, added my dash & installed my ProCar Rally's seats. I found out the hard way they're a bit tight with the center console. Time for some fiberglass mods...bummer!
Cutting a few holes in the center dash for AC, etc....too late to turn back now! Tightening up the bumper in back & I've always been a sucker for those '69 driving lights in front. So we're modifying& meshing two front valances. We'll add the 69 lights and we'll open the middle for airflow. Now I am looking for ideas on whether I grill it or leave it open.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Close to finishing the mock up and started a little body work. Tried on the new RS grill to go with my custom valance. Tucked in the rear bumper & leaving the rear valance for last. Going in for the exhaust next week and we might see what we can with the tips out the back along.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just when you think your ready for the next step, you take a step back.
While not 100% done with the rear valance, we are going out the rear with the exhaust.
I also had a little heartburn on how my Heidt's SFC's sit so low and designed just bolt in under the car, so we built some custom SFC's and put them up in the floor (just a touch)
While I forgot to get a pic of the last item, its for anyone who has installed a tank from Ricks. They sit so low!
We cut out the floor of the trunk and raised the tank 4" (and put in a new floor). Now I wont have to put my ear all the way to the ground to see all that $ invested in the back end!

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
This is looking great Chris .. what power plant is going in this bad boy ??

Steve

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Putting in a crate LS3 / 480 with the 4L80. Bought it straight from Chevy
Something strange has happened in the last couple months GM started rating these at 495...lucky me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Doug's question is valid. You need this. Will you be using a floor starter button?
My 53 Studebaker Commander Hardtop has the starter switch as a toggle on the dash. Spring loaded.
My 49 Studebaker truck has the starter switch on the floor. The clutch pedal has a flange on it, so the clutch has to be all the way down to engage the starter switch.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 53 Studebaker Commander Hardtop has the starter switch as a toggle on the dash. Spring loaded.
My 49 Studebaker truck has the starter switch on the floor. The clutch pedal has a flange on it, so the clutch has to be all the way down to engage the starter switch.
I'm using a system from Autoloc.They have some pretty nice stuff. This system has a start button which I am mounting in the center dash& it only works if you have a fob.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Motor looks good! Like those fender supports too :yes:

Reactions: stinger67
1 - 20 of 72 Posts